Thursday 22 October 2015

Old is Gold: Granny's Birthday

October has officially become my busiest month this year. Having planned three birthdays already and currently planning three more birthdays, I have been too preoccupied to be able to even breathe at times.

If by reading the above lines you feel I am complaining, then let me tell you I am far from it. Yes it has been chaotic but its worth it when you see that smile when you scream SURPRISE.

My maternal grandmother turned 86 this month . Freshly out of the hospital after being treated for heart burn, she was just settling in her normal routine. At that age, all you want ito spend some quiet time with family. And that's what we did.

Being a weekday we arrived at her place in the evening after work. Being a birthday we brought with uher favorite Butterscotch Crackle cake from Merwans and sang along ashe blew the candles. As far as gift was concerned, as there is a wedding coming up in the family we bought her a heavy sari that she could wear for one of the functions.

The one thing I always focus on is the surprise element . Taking her age into consideration  I decided to keep it simple. I am made sure she believes that her we all were busy with work and had no time to spare. But evening as we all started pouring in her smile broadened. That moment was picture perfect.


We ordered in her Masala Dosa from her favorite restaurant Radhakrishna for dinner. Some of coke and some old stories. That's all took to make it a night to remember.  


Gyaan:
Life is not only about grand moments but it is also about the small events. If you want to do anything for the birthday girl/boy, do it. No matter how small or how big the gesture it maybe. Your intent & feelings that's what really matters.

As I alwaysay as long as you keep it simple and a surprise you are good to go.

This is your serial gifter signing out,


Untill my next gift,


Cheers,

Manasi Kabadi

1 comment: